Friday 22 May 2015

Interview with Otunla Abimbola, an upcoming bag designer


Otunla abimbola is a young entrepreneur and a designer specializes on hand crafted bags and fashion accessories. She is indeed a woman with courage and whose penchant to excel as a job creator is lucid, having started her line of designer bag while still struggling to secure her first degree. She is the CEO Founder of 'Abimbola bags'.
House of Tiamiyu member interview with Otunla Abimbola.





H.O.T: can you please introduce yourself?

I am Otunla Abimbola, am from Osun State, Ilesa to be precise. I graduated from Lagos State Polytechnic where I had my HND in Food Technology.


HOT: When did u start making bags and other fashion accessories?

I started in school making wire jewellery, bead necklace, bead flower vase for friends before I venture into bag making 3yrs ago.


HOT: sorry, did you venture into hand craft fashion accessories because of the current increase in the rate of unemployment in the country, or its something you enjoyed doing?

It is something I enjoyed doing and what really inspired me to Learn this skill was the thought of adding entrepreneurial skill to myself after I graduated, but it was mainly born out of passion, creativity and admiration for bags.


HOT: Who are your target market and how do you intend to get across to them?

My target market are the students, (male and female), and also corporate ladies.
I do more one to one marketing, meaning everywhere i go, I always tell people what I do and I do market my works on social medias, referrals from friends and customers.


HOT: Do you market an already made accessories or its a kind of bespoke services you offer?

I have already made accessories for sale and customers also make request for their choices.


HOT: How long does it take to make request for one's choice(s)?

It doesn't take much time though!, smile! but also depends on the designs the customer is requesting for. All the same, a week interval. huh! did i mention quantity as a factor? but really I work hard to meet my customer's demand.




HOT: Who Do you look up to as far as your business is concerned?

GOD Almighty, I think. Smiles!

HOT: Where do you see yourself in the 5 years to come?

Uhmmm! Am a big thinker anyway, *laughs! want to own a bag manufacturing factory. That's big I think!

HOT: What is or are the challenge(s) facing your business, and how do you cope with combating it?

Many of my challenges earlier were getting good materials and sourcing for my production. It was really hard finding good people to work with.



HOT: Lest i forget, many designers, make up artist and stylists always wish to work with some top celebrities, which celebrity would you like to have as a client?

Hmm! Omotola Jolaade Ekehinde.

HOT: I know you have seen many designers brand of bags, which brand or designer inspires you the most?

Gucci, Michael khors, international and Saviour, Baba bags locally.

HOT: How often do you use your own made accessories?

Always. Smiles!


2 comments:

  1. Waoo this is great...Bimbola is a very hardworking lady whose main focus is doing what she knows how to do best! the sky is her limit as I wish her the best of lucks in the future..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great designs by Abimbola bags, they are so lovely. Every lady deserves to have one or more... More grease to ur elbow H.O.T. Thx

    ReplyDelete